May 15, 2011

Grandpa Wayne

My grandpa taking me for a ride when I was 2 1/2 at our cabin in Heber.




It was my Grandpa's birthday yesterday and I wanted to post at least a little something about him. He is one of the most amazing people I know, he is a pseudosurgeon, dog keeper, vending machine repair man, light installer, pilot, electrician, star gazer, hiker, runner, travelor, salesman, fisherman, and the list of skills and talents and interests goes on and on and on. He is one of those people where if you have a problem with anything, you just call and he will be there as soon as possible to help fix it, whether it is an appliance failure, car problems, teaching stars and constellations to scouts or young women, you name it. I lived with my grandparents for a summer during high school as I did a summer class at the U. My grandpa would always tell me to get my homework done and we would go adventuring, hiking in the canyon, swimming at the Cottonwood complex, or some other activity, always stopping for something to eat on the way home. He took Emi and I on a trip to California and walked us through the entire strip buying us the best treats and sticking us on every roller coaster on the way to California followed by Disneyland with my cousins. On top of that he let us listen to our music the ENTIRE time. He bought us those, now annoying noise making sticks, for us when he took us to Yellowstone and didn't mind us playing with them the whole time. (at least not out loud) He shared his love of Lake Powell and it's beauty with us, even stapled my hand shut when I sliced it open in the middle of no where there, who needs stitches when you have surgical staples? I love my grandpa and I am thankful for the example he is to not only me, but to my entire family. He is amazing and that is a word that doesn't even come close to doing him justice. Happy birthday grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. That picture is my favorite! Your expression and the upsidedown sunglasses are so classic. It makes me laugh every time. Nice post, grandpa is the best.

    ReplyDelete