June 20, 2012

What just happened?

We had a wonderful time playing with friends up at Bear Lake over the weekend.  Upon coming home the list of things to do before moving was started and can I just say how insane just 3 days have been?!?  I was so stressed Monday night (poor JD) that I didn't know what we were going to do about any of the 'little' unknowns: what city to move to, where we were going to live, how we were going to get ourselves and our stuff there....nothing all that important, I can't imagine why I was so stressed.  I haven't applied to very many jobs because it is hard to interview and start working when you are two states away, so that has been stressful too, combine that with JD getting student loans in order and that whole aspect has just been so much fun as well.
Then today happened and things got a little more interesting.  While packing up winter clothes I received a phone call with a 626-0000 number, this is Weber State's line, I figured it was my committee chair asking where my final thesis draft is.  Well, it was her, but it wasn't about my thesis, she was offering me a full time adjunct faculty position at Weber!  Ultimately that is what I want to do and where I want to be.  It was so sad and hard to tell her that I couldn't accept the position (one I didn't even apply for, they had an application in their pool from a position I applied for 3 years ago) because I was moving to Oregon in a month.  So my ultimate job and set up on hold for a few more years I guess, this would have been infinately worse if we both hadn't felt so sure about choosing Pacific University.....To make up for that moment of insanity, 5 hours later I got an e-mail from a Forest Grove bishop's mother who offered to rent out her house to us.  It is twice as big and has 2 extra bedrooms, 1 extra bathroom, and costs $100 less than what we were planning on.
I feel like I am riding a roller coaster.  I am definately grateful to know that we are being watched over and to know that as crazy as all of this is, we know that we are going where we are supposed to go, and that we are being helped along the way as we make this move.

1 comment:

  1. Well congrats on your job offer!! I can imagine it was so hard to turn it down. I guess it just means something even better is waiting in Oregon, right? I sure hope so :) Good luck with all the craziness as you're getting ready to move!

    ReplyDelete