December 1, 2012

Festival of Trees

 I volunteered at the Providence Festival of Trees today in downtown Portland.  Three hours of looking at trees and people watching was awesome.  I was assigned to the Wizard of Oz tree.  It was an upside down gold tree with a farm, farm animals, fences, and straw sticking out of it to create a tornado.  The tree came with a play house that had crushed the wicked witch of the East.  Also pictured are: Island of Misfit Toys, Oregon State vs University of Oregon wreaths(they also had full size trees and mini trees-it is a very serious rivalry here, Avengers, and Portland Timbers(with soccer balls and Timbers scarves).  Other trees that were unique were fly fishing and farming themes complete with a heated chicken coop. 
 
Other random event: I am used to seeing odd people around Portland.  It isn't too uncommon.  When I got into the covention center there were a lot of odd ducks with glitter and wigs and big hats, and instruments.  Turns out it was a casting call for America's Got Talent.  It was kind of fun seeing all the people practicing their 'talents' in the suites before going in to audition.
 
Overall it was a really neat experience and it gave JD a whole day to study without several interruptions from me. 







2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your background of snow storm made me check my glasses and worry about my eyes. I am getting old!

    ReplyDelete