September 27, 2014

Reno to Ogden

Can I just say that I am so glad that Porter is a good traveler? He was a champ on our 8 1/2 hour drive from Reno to Ogden Utah. We had a very pretty drive due to a ton of rain storms, also made for interesting driving as well. 




We stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats to stretch and check them out. Due to so much rain lots of it was under water, but there were still a few places where you could get out and walk on it. Porter had fun running around with the wind and the water.

We were able to pull off the big surprise too. We made it to Ogden and Porter and I went and hid on our front porch. I called my mom and asked her if she wanted some Facetime with Porter, she was trying to get it up on the iPad when Porter's patience had run out and he started knocking on the front door. My brother let him in and he marched straight into the kitchen where my mom and sister were pulling up Facetime. There were screams and a crying grandma. We were able to make it to the Speth's just as Miranda's homecoming date was picking her up so we got to surprise them too.  It was fun, and it felt good to not have to drive anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment