December 11, 2014

Here We Go Again!

We are so excited to have another kidlet on its way! This has already been a brand new adventure in a lot of ways. I was never sick with Porter and that is most definitely not the case with this bundle of joy. I have been sick since week 4 and even at week 17 I still struggle, and pretty much most aspects of this pregnancy are extremely different, from what I feel like eating, to energy level. What is the same is Lovenox: I am back on those lovely daily injections to treat my Factor V Leiden blood condition. I still don't like them, and they still hurt, but they are much better than getting another clot/pulmonary embolism again, especially while being pregnant. Porter has no clue what is going on, but we are working on being soft and while he only uses a pacifier at nap time and bedtime, we will be working him off of that pretty soon too.

Apparently, we are also super good with the timing of our babies: last go around we weren't sure if JD would be 5 1/2 hours away when Porter was born or not, as JD had a 6 week rotation in Ashland Oregon and I had to stay in Portland to work. Things worked out and Porter came 2 days after JD was back in town. This time baby is due May 21st, since I am high risk being on such a fun medication my Dr wanted me to have the baby on May 14th, but JD graduates May 16th and has preliminary work that week for graduation up in Portland-I know-the irony since we now live 15 minutes from Ashland. We just figure things worked out last time and they will do so again, and at least we can make sure we are in the same city just in case things get exciting.

Things are going well and so far appointments have been right on track which is happy. So that is our exciting news!

2 comments: