July 14, 2010

I Hate Cars

So I knew something was wrong with our Ford Taurus when I woke up early on my only day off to make the pilgrimmage to the auto shop to have the issue investigated. I used as much 'lingo' as I could think of, as in I said, "I am fairly certain my car is having problems with the struts on the front wheels due to the sound it is making." That gained some respect. Unfortunately though, I was actually right. So there is a chunk of change I saw sifting through the hourglass.

To add to the happiness, the emmisions and inspection tests were due this month as well, so while there I thought, what the heck, do it. After about 5 minutes the guy came back and said, "Come with me"....any invitation into the work zone of an autoshop is a death march....there was the car, suspended in the air, helpless and exposed. All the guy could do was point at the driver's back tire and say, "That is not safe." The tread had been worn down to the coils .....so basically a balloon waiting to pop. "No that is not safe." I kindly replied, when really I am thinking, oh goody....

Four new tires later the Taurus gets a pass on safety after 5 hours of price quotes and tire installation. And since I was having SO much fun I just could not bare to stop , I drove in a frenzied craze from Pleasant View to South Ogden and switched out cars and waited another hour with the Honda at some unbeknownst to me Jiffy Lube (I just stopped at the first legit looking place that boasted Emission and Inspection on their sign). I sat directly under a swamp cooler and stared at the water mark on the ceiling. While the Civic did not betray me..... I HATE CARS.

To be continued with the Repair of the Struts, and Natalie and the DMV.....stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Lame, those kinds of things seem to be never ending. Kade and I decided to make our "emergency fund" an expense in our monthly budget because we seem to have an emergency every single month. Good luck with the cars!

    ReplyDelete