September 10, 2010

The Plight of the Unflexible

While one might question the validity of making the goal of touching one's toes. The said person would respond with the sadness of not being able to stretch even within a foot of their toes due to unflexible muscles. There are a great many benefits that come with flexibilty included are:
  • increased blood and nutrients to tissues
  • improved muscle coordination
  • improved posture
  • increased physical and mental relaxation
  • releases muscle tension and soreness

So apparently this is something definately worth pursuing. Otherwise this person will be an uncoordinated, clumsy, bad blooded, stress case for the said individual's life; hence let such a goal be made, even encouraged.

Let us all celebrate the drive to be a little more flexible!

4 comments:

  1. love the hospital socks. Pretty convenient with grippies on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are nice for cold feet, and will keep me from falling either direction as I stretch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy yoga, it helps with flexibility and it is calming (unless you have a three year old and a baby doing it with you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I never knew that Tara does yoga! I think I remember he laughing at me when I suggested it in college...the piano looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete