April 6, 2011

Sparrows in the Dryer



I was on the way to my parent's house to meet up with my mom for lunch. On my way, I get a text from my mom that reads: Help! some critter is in the vent by my dryer! help its big!




I get to the house and my mom is armed with a butterfly net. I asked her what she thought she was going to do with a butterfly net.....apparently that is the best way to catch a bird. I opted for a pillow case. After Bandit escaped the dryer (so named since my mom initially thought there were some really noisy robbers in the house when she got home from her walk) I scooped her up in the pillow case. We took Bandit outside and let her out of the pillow case, she circled the field a few times before calming down. What a funny adventure!


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, that happened to Alex and me twice. Although it was a starling not a sparrow. I can totally sympathize with your mom. It is terrible to have some creature scratching around your house.

    ReplyDelete