July 27, 2011

Pseudo Surgeon

Years ago my grandpa started writing down experiences he had while pursuing a career in surgical sales when it wasn't even a career. He introduced such things as surgical stapling to the Rocky Mountain states 30 years ago. As a new brand of salesman, there weren't laws and guidelines concerning what these individuals could do and my grandpa found himself scrubbing in and participating in surgeries as he trained and worked with different physicians from Nevada and Arizona to Montana and Idaho. All this despite never having a formal college education. A few years ago he gave my mom a fruit box that consisted of a stack of about 500 typewritten pages that has become the novel above. I read the novel out of the box and can't tell you how excited I am that it has been published. It is a fascinating story and a fun read. It is available at Barnes and Noble in book form and Amazon in e-book form. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment