July 19, 2011

Pulmonary Memories

The images above are of me. The image on the left shows the clot on the lower left side of the image (my right lung), the lighter image also shows the clot, but also shows all the fluid and dead tissue that resulted from the clot.

It has been one year since jdnatspeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/pulmonary-embolism.html whole fiasco occurred. Going around in my day to day to-do's I have been constantly reminded of the event this month. Registering the car was much more simple, and less painful this year. Costco's couches are out, displayed at the same place where I had to sit on one for over an hour because I felt too weak and the pain was too high to do my shopping while the tires were being replaced on the Taurus. Fruit is delicious this time of year, and it was also the only thing I felt like eating during and after my hospital stay. There are a ton of these daily reminders of just how blessed I am to be here. It is strange to think that this time last year, I couldn't lay down on a bed, walk around a coul-de-sac, eat real food, shower without someone around (or without pain medication), be alone at night because I couldn't get myself out of the recliner I was sleeping in, stay awake for a movie, work, or even breathe for that matter. Despite all of this, I am truly and honestly grateful for experiencing this. I have learned a ton in all kinds of ways, emotionally, spiritually, educationally, mentally, and so on. Many are things I wouldn't dream of trading for even a small reprieve from what I went through and the approx. 9 months of complications that resulted after being discharged and melingering issues the spring up occasionally even now.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows my limits, my needs, and the opportunity for growth that comes with trials. I know that he loves each of us and that events like this aren't meant to hurt us but to build and strengthen us. I am also very grateful for a loving, kind, and patient husband who has been nothing but supportive throughout all of the craziness this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment