September 22, 2011

Cooking with Mushrooms


I am not ashamed to say that I absolutely hate cooking. I hate timing things, waiting, making a mess, and then having to clean it all up. This opinion has left me completely clueless on how to make anything 'advanced'=different. I got brave this week and bought some fresh mushrooms at Costco planning on using them in some different dishes until I went to use them and encountered a problem: I have no clue how to prepare or cook fresh mushrooms. I just have to say that I love youtube when such problems arise. I had JD look it up and in a matter of seconds we had a lovely 2 minute tutorial on mushroom preparation such as did you know you shouldn't rinse them under water? I know that now. Youtube has also come in handy in cleaning shower drains and looking up intrathoracic procedures for closing PFO's. So here is to youtube....and fresh mushrooms.

1 comment: