February 23, 2013

Newting




Agatha Trunchbull: It's a snake! It's a snake! One of you tried to poison me! Who?! [Matilda puts her hand up] Oh, Matilda. I knew it.
Matilda Wormwood: I just thought you'd like to know, it's not a snake. It's a newt.
Agatha Trunchbull: What did you say?
Matilda Wormwood: It's a newt, Ms. Trunchbull.
Agatha Trunchbull[sharply] Stand up, you villainous sack of goat-slime! You did this!


We had a lot of errands to run today including groceries, I was able to talk JD into going to Tualatin Hills Nature Park that I pass every day on my way to and from work.  It was so much fun.  The last time we came JD was sorely disappointed to not find any newts like the warning signs at the entrance indicated.  This time however, we found four newts, ducks, worms, a squirrel, geese, and giant slugs.  We made it through 3 different rain storms on our adventure.  It was so much fun wondering around looking for the newts and just hanging out.  I wish we had more time to do this during the week, unfortunately most of our time is devoted to school or work, but the weekends are wonderful. I liked the bottom picture. We got a bit of hail before it turned to rain and the cute newt took refuge in the bend of JD's shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment