August 6, 2013

Post Partem Porter

We had a few 'fun' days in recovery at the hospital.  By fun I mean going crazy in a very small room with a fresh baby.  It was kind of hard maneuvering around in the tight quarters on top of having to wear those lovely SCD braces again until starting back up on my Lovenox, though I did enjoy the view of the trees on the Northeast side of Portland.  It was nice getting to spend time with our new little family-though I could have done without the nurses constantly checking up on the last time I nursed throughout the day and night.  The first night Porter slept 5 hours straight before being woken up for his vital check.  The second night he maybe slept 40 minutes, though I don't really blame him having had a vaccine, blood draw, circumcision, and no medicine would make me grumpy too.  Timing worked out that Great Grandma Ann was in Oregon when Porter was born so she got to be my only hospital visitor besides my Aunt Char and our friend Allie from pharmacy school.  All things considered, I feel like I am doing pretty well, though I definitely watch the clock for the magic 8 hour mark where I can take more ibuprofen.

No comments:

Post a Comment