October 10, 2010

Night of the Running Dead




Emily, Christie, Erin, K-Beth, and I ran in the Undead Race yesterday at This is the Place State Park. It was a blast. When registering you select either survivor or zombie and arrive as such for the actual event. All proceeds went to Huntsman Cancer Institute. As can be seen from the photos, we were all undead. When the race starts, the survivors begin running, 2 minutes later they let the zombies loose; so you have a whole lot of zombies chasing a bunch of normal looking runners. I felt amazingly good about finishing, breathing was hard on the hills but for the most part my bum lung did just fine pretty tight compared to the left side but it worked. It is amazing to think that about 2 1/2 months ago I struggled walking around a level cul-de-sac from pain and the inability to get enough oxygen in comparison to running down a hill in Salt Lake City yesterday. I would be feeling fine while running down an easy portion and would start walking just because I was freaked my lung would suddenly betray me if I didn't take it easy. Super cool, super exciting, super relieved that everything went well. Erin was super nice and made a delicious cake for my birthday afterwards. Talk about a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment