October 8, 2010

Twenty Four


Twenty four oceans
Twenty four skies
Twenty four failures
Twenty four tries
Twenty four finds me
In twenty-fourth place
Twenty four drop outs
At the end of the day
Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty four hours ago


And You're raising these twenty four voices
With twenty four hearts
With all of my symphonies
In twenty four parts
But I want to be one today
Centered and true


I want to see miracles, see the world change
Wrestled the angel, for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
(Switchfoot, 24)

What an interesting age to be.....there is a song all about turning 24, a television show that I have only ever watched one episode of, and there are 24 hours in a day. So far I am liking it quite a bit, we'll see how the rest of the year goes!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NATALIE. I am so happy to have known you most of your 24 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You are such an oldie!

    ReplyDelete