February 19, 2011

Bravo Broadway: Wicked Divas

JD and I went to the Utah Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert on Thursday night and it was AMAZING. They featured several great songs sung by Stephanie J Block and Julia Murney, they were playing Elphaba in Wicked at the same time (trading off between traveling company and Gershwin theater in New York). Both were fantastic singers and performers. They sang a variety of songs, My Heart Will Go On, Ring Them Bells, All that Jazz, Think of Me, among others and ended with Defying Gravity, Popular, and For Good from Wicked. For past youth guild members, I only saw about 5 empty seats in the theater it was packed. I have never seen it that full. It was a fantastic performance. :)


1 comment:

  1. Good old Youth Guild. I miss that it forced me to be cultured.

    ReplyDelete