February 25, 2011

Dreaming of a Midsummer Night

JD and I had yet another fun experience of going to the Utah Symphony Orchestra last night, again for free! I love free dates! This time it was a Classic series which included music from Brahmes and Handel, the main portion of the show, however was excerpts from the opera based on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. I thought it was well done, the narrators were amazing, not a huge fan of the opera pieces, but I was excited to see Fred Adams (founder of the Shakespearean festival in Cedar City) play the part of Puck. As we headed to the car, I asked JD what he thought of the evening. His response: "I'm pretty sure that I didn't understand
most of what was spoken this evening, but the music was nice." Maybe a trip to Cedar this summer is in order.....then again, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Eric and I are going tonight, we go to the Shakespearean festival every year and LOVE it, it is an awesome budget friendly vacation.

    ReplyDelete