February 9, 2011

I HATE VALENTINES COMMERCIALS!!!!


This is a vent so if you don't want to read about me whining stop now because I am passionately against stupid Valentine's Day commercials. THEY ARE SO FLIPPING STUPID!!!! JD and I were watching something last night and a commercial pops on about a couple and a stupid teapot and how their marriage almost fell apart because on their first Valentine's Day he gave her a one person teapot. So this Valentine's he gave her a 2 person teapot with a diamond necklace in it....result you are wondering? The dumb girl opens the teapot ready to cry and then the necklace and says... Now this is what says I love you. Really? Seriously? This is dumb.
Another case in point.....the stupid commercials on the charm bracelets, no offence to those who think they are cute but what do they have to do with anything and what man is really capable of putting together an entire meaningful charm bracelet with that many trinkets all for the low low price of $150+?
And finally, the Hallmark speaking book.....I think they are creepy not cute.
I am not saying that I hate the holiday. I think it is nice to have a day in recognition of the people you care about, but the extent to which it is commercialized to dupe the poor men out there just bugs. I am done now....until the next commercial comes on.

1 comment: