August 20, 2011

Fare Thee Well Sweet Summer

The above picture is the "Last Day of Summer 2006" Event. My sisters and I will usually do something to commemorate the end of summer. Em was gone this year so the unofficial end consisted of pizza and a movie with Christie and Erin. Not quite as fancy as the Mardi Gras masks, boas, and 80's cabby hats of '06, but still nice. It has been a nice summer. Trips to Bear Lake, staycation, Organic Chemistry ENDING, archery, no pulmonary embolism. All in all I would say it has been quite pleasant. Last year I didn't finish my clinicals until July and was sentenced to recliner rest for basically 2 months in a basement so summer didn't really happen; I just reemerged into fall. So in blissful memory I will quote Sir John Lubbock:
Rest is not idlenss, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment