August 31, 2011

Good Riddance Summer

Not going to lie, I am SO excited for September 1st. I wish to redact all kind words that I had to say about summertime, I know come tomorrow I will say not necessarily all of them, but for now I am bitter and against all things summer. Summers can be cruel and life changing and very unfun. Yes they can be quite the opposite, but for two years running, my summer falls into this category where some of the very worst things I have ever gone through are plagued by summertime woe. I was tempted to decorate for fall a week early to escape the darkness that the course of summer brought with it, but I decided against such actions for fear of tainting my favorite season with summer's memories.
Tomorrow I break out all the fake fall colored leaves, sunflowers, warm hued decorations and my Spiced Orange Harvest scentsy bar. I will bask in the beauty of autumn as I recover from the events of bygone days of the previous season. I will enjoy the cooler evenings and crispy mornings. Harvest salivation will be an every day occurence with peaches, and tomatoes, and corn, and all such delicious produce. I will wear long sleeved shirts and sweaters and hoodies. Colorful photos of changing leaves and delightful crunching of fallen leaves beneath my feet will bring a constant smile to my face.
Goodbye summer, you really stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment