August 25, 2011

The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

It has been a very long and very hard week for us with multiple set backs and problems that culminated with the news we had been hoping to be different, being confirmed today. Despite all that has happened and is held in store with this trial, I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what is best for me even when that means something that is terribly painful and hard to experience.
Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3

1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;

2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Saboath, and are recorded with this seal and testament-the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord.

I know that the shadow does prove the sunshine, and that sunny days are just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment