September 12, 2012

On the Menu

I am not a fan of cooking....at all.  I never have been.  My sister, Emily, is a master chef.  She was the one willing to help with the entire meal when we were growing up.  I would peel potatos and book it out of the kitchen.  I don't like timing things, making a mess, cleaning it up, shopping for the ingredients, going to cook something and missing a single ingredient, etc.  It is just a hassle I don't enjoy.  Since moving up here, I have been cooking a lot more.  I have enjoyed finding new recipes and only one was absolutely terrible (I blame false imagery on the part of CrockPot because I rechecked and I followed everything exactly correct) but that hasn't taken away from the whole process that I loathe.  One thing I have done to help that has worked well for the first 2 months at least is preplanning my shopping list for an entire month making me grocery store free for 29 days of the month which I love.  One the menu this month: frito pie, swedish pork roast, parmesean chicken, southwestern chicken chili, tacos, chicken curry, and honey spiced glazed chicken to name a few.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I'm proud of you! You should send me the swedish pork roast and honey spiced glazed chicken recipes! Yummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete