September 9, 2012

Silver Falls







We had a blast at Silver Falls State Park yesterday.  While not doing the entire Trail of Ten Falls, we did do 5.5 miles of the loop and saw 8 of them. My gracefulness cut the trek a little short with a bloody knee and scuffed up ankle and hands-not bad, just not very fun. Silver Falls is a really amazing place though.  We loved walking behind the falls, looking at crazy trees growing out of stumps and fallen down trees, and driving through the Christmas Tree Farms on the way to the park (those are not grassy rolling hills in the pictures, those are full grown Christmas Trees, it is crazy).  We are definitely going to try and make it back when the leaves are on in a month or so.  Sorry there are so many pictures, it was hard to decide which ones to add.  I had fun (probably a little too much) playing with the manual settings during this hike, so there were a lot to choose from.  Just click on any picture to get a bigger view.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful on a sunny day. We will have to come back to Oregon and re-do this park. Great photography! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go there when I come visit okay? It looks BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures! You didn't tell me you took a tumble...As I was reading that, my mind pictured it like the conference center thing, only outside. hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete