March 4, 2013

Tons of Tulips



Once upon a time I pinned a project on Pinterest that involved growing tulips in glass jars with only water.  One day, while out shopping for Christmas I saw a bag of 50 tulips on sale and thought it would be worth getting a bag to give my pin a try.  Amidst all that was going on, I forgot to remove the tulips from the back of my car.  There they stayed for months until I found them while looking for something.  To my great surprise I discovered upon opening the bag that all 50 tulips were budding and growing!  This week has consisted of trying to find ways to plant the tulips.  I gave some to friends, put some in a vase of water per my original Pinterest plan, planted some in a pot and took them to work, and I still have many more to get into some soil this week.  Moral of the story: why bother planting bulbs in the fall when you can just grow them in the back of your car?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous, I didn't get around to buying any bulbs last year, let alone planting them, and so now my yard will look gloomy this spring...sad.

    ReplyDelete