May 14, 2013

Pharmacy Benefit Conference

JD and I attended a Pharmacy Benefits Conference Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was going for work and JD was nice enough to attend with me as a pharmacy student (yay for free student admission).  I was super excited to see the inside of The Governor Hotel.  I have admired this building in the past as I have walked between Powell's Book Store and the train stop and the interior did not disappoint either.  The ceilings were either hand painted or wood carved.  There were original tiles from 1909 when the building was built and so much character.  I loved it.  We also enjoyed 'fancy' food for two days including salmon (that cost $30/plate downstairs).  In the end we also both received continuing education and won a drawing.  JD got a $50 gift card to Deschutes Brewery that has a promising menu for dinner and I won a $100 gift card to Amazon.com, after asking for something without alcohol when I originally won a fancy bottle of wine.  While I am sure it wasn't JD's preference to spend the first two days of freedom from school at a conference on pharmacy benefits, it was fun spending time with him while I worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment