June 30, 2013

Crater Lake National Park & Ashland








We went to Crater Lake today and it was beautiful! I have only been once and there was a ton of snow at that time so to have a 75 degree sunny day with puffy white clouds was great.  I had been watching the park webcams all week and you couldn't even see the lake due to rain clouds Monday and Tuesday.  Unfortunately I am getting to where hiking around at high elevations in warm weather isn't the smartest idea. We took things very easy enjoying the lookouts, drinking lots of water, and taking my time walking instead of power hiking. JD loves taking his time so I think he is enjoying the turned table with me asking him to slow down a bit. It was fun seeing snow and there were even a couple of crazy people who hiked Watchman Outlook and skied down the mountain.  We have had a fun weekend in Ashland. It has been 95-100 degrees here in Oregon which I know you Utahns that read this are used to but it has put my body into heat shock; we are not used to this weather to the point that most apartments don't even have air conditioning since you usually only need it 1-2 weeks out of the year. I much prefer 70 degrees with a chance of rain compared with this. Besides escaping the heat by going to Crater Lake, in the evenings we have gotten 'cold treats' of slurpees and icecream and wandered around the shops downtown or Lithia Park enjoying the declining temperatures as my body recovers. While here we were also able to see Haylie and her cute new baby Sawyer.  We ate hamburgers at Jaspers-this time JD went for the Himalayan Antelope.  I was also able to unlock the Civic so JD could have the keys to his car back.  It has been a very nice weekend to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that lake sure is beautiful. I can't wait to hear what kind of adventures you guys have once that baby rolls into town :)

    ReplyDelete