July 29, 2013

Ready or Not

So the past few weeks I have had my weekly appointment leading up to this baby coming.  My doctor has been amazing at working with my blood condition and with JD being gone.  We had a plan in place in case I went early and my appointments have always gone along the lines of how are things going, any questions, and closed with we will discuss more when JD is back in town.  So at my appointment today, my doctor came in and asked if JD was officially home yet.  When I said yes, her response was, "how does Thursday sound to have this baby then?" I was super surprised, we had never even discussed induction and she was suggesting August 1st, I'm not even due until August 6th.  Her reasoning makes sense, it would not be very fun or safe to go into labor when I am on Heparin, and it didn't make sense to worry about being induced if JD wasn't even in town.  We changed the date to the evening of August 4th to work things out better for my leave of absence and maternity leave so ready or not this little bug will be here no later than Monday next week, crazy!  Probably a good thing too, I have had two little feet up in my xiphoid process and diaphragm for the past 3 months and it feels like they are running out of any available space because meetings are getting more and more uncomfortable for breathing and the contractions are not making things any easier either.

No comments:

Post a Comment