January 8, 2011

They Can Touch Their Toes, Why Can't I?

JD, Erin, and I went to the U's first gymnastics meet of the year against #1 Ranked UCLA. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! When I was sick over the summer a lot of gymnastics competitions were happening (as well as replays from the previous year) so while in a recliner, I watched a lot of balancing, flipping, spinning ect. during my recovery. I have always wanted to go to a meet but this past summer cemented in that goal and I have to say it was even more fun than I thought it would be. There were girls who were past Olympians, US National team members and so on. It is crazy to see those athletes up close and doing all of the amazing things they have trained their body for years to be able to do. The crowd at gymnastics events is really fun too. I think everybody is just in awe of what they are watching, it doesn't matter which team member was competing, cheers would errupt for both the U and UCLA after each participant finished their event. It was super fun. Icing on the cake? THE U WON!!!! 195.700-195.300 We will definately make it a point to get back there this season.

1 comment: