June 19, 2011

Happy Dad's Day

This is one of my very favorite photos. It shows my dad and I getting 're'aquainted for the first time. I love my dad so much, he is one of the best people I know. He is so fun to do things with and I love just being around him. He taught me how to fish, and still cleans what I catch. He didn't yell at me when I backed into one of our other cars in our drive way, the first time, or the second time, or even the third time. I love going on walks with him and talking with him. My dad let me be a Webelo for 7 years and do all the stuff boys got to do. He has taken me on some amazing trips: Oregon, California, Florida, fishing locations all over the place, and elsewhere. He would always make us breakfast on Sundays and is the very best dipping egg chef. He is a really hard worker and knows how to do all sorts of things. In general my dad is pretty easy going, calm, and not one to meddle, but once I've asked, whenever I need anything whether it is help with something or advice on anything he will do whatever he can to solve my problems; I've always really appreciated that. He taught me how to dance, starting out on top of his feet and then to more advanced skills. He has shown me the importance of the Gospel and the blessings that come from his choice to have it be a priority in his life can be demonstrated in each one of his children today. I love my dad so much and I am so grateful to be his daughter.

1 comment: