June 26, 2011

Lights Out

Saturday was a fun day. Nothing super exciting happened except that I didn't have to work. I got to the clinic and all of the lights were out. I found this to be rather strange but proceded to enter. I tried flipping on the light and a thrill coursed through me....nothing was happening! Come to find out the entire grid in the area was out and would not be fixed any earlier than 2:00.....we close at 1:00. After making a cute sign to inform angry patients about our 'misfortune' we all skipped out of the building to enjoy a beautiful sunny day. I don't remember the last time I had a Saturday off just for the heck of it and not for an impending event or vacation or in last year's case a month of illness. I always work Saturdays and have done so since I was 14. Some of the events that preoccupied my entire day off included: deep cleaned the house, ran some errands, went to a reception, decorated some summer blocks that I have been meaning to get to forever, lunch and shopping with my sister, spending time with JD. My deep clean probably should have included the lightbulb in the picture, but the dust did give a fun textured effect to the photo don't you think? I have to admit I kind of like having Saturdays off.

1 comment: