June 4, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

JD and I escaped last weekend up to Bear Lake when we were done with work on Saturday. Upon arriving, there was no snow and everything was green. Waking up on Saturday morning brought the surprise of about a foot of snow. I will admit that at first I was panicked not really knowing how our little Civic was going to get us home. Weather proved me wrong when the sun came out and the temperature rose resulting in what sounded like rain all day long as the snow drip drip dripped all over the place, off the cabin, off the trees, off the cars, off of everything. By the time we were leaving for church that foot of snow was practically gone. The next day we experienced something similar but only started with 4 inches, it was kind of cool to look down towards the lake and see snow turn to grass turn to blue water.

The weekend was filled with JD studying and sleeping and my opportunity to talk and hang out with my grandparents and the Reese's who I haven't played with for a long time. We are now semi-experts of the card game Rage, Haylie can kick butt at Phase 10. I finished a book and read an entire new one. It is kind of nice being trapped while snow is melting because it forces you to relax and enjoy not having to do anything. It was a much needed break from the 'fun' summer semester JD has been having with Organic Chemistry (part 1 complete in 2 weeks!). On our way home we stopped by to see how the Brigham City Temple was coming along. I was shocked to see just how much progress has been made. I loved being able to see through the temple. It will be fun to contrast with a finished building.

No comments:

Post a Comment