June 17, 2011

Pharmacy Dayz

So I have worked in a pharmacy setting for 7 years and over the years I have heard just about everything. Today I got a new one to add to the list: cute little old man comes in asking for liquid Benadryl, not an uncommon request at a pharmacy as it is used for allergic reactions or with the allergies going on, it can help with the itchy runny eyes and nose so it is completely understandable to make such a request. The followup, however, is where things got interesting....As I am ringing the patient out I give the counsel that benadryl can make you really sleepy and to be careful when taking it during the day. The patient looks up at me with big eyes and says, "Oh, well that's good because that is why I am buying it, I am going to give a bunch to my cat so I can get her hairballs out.....I am thinking about doing the same thing to my wife to get the knots out of her birds nest as well." This was followed by the same laugh that Geri does after winning his game of chess against himself (Pixar Short).

I think this places up there with the lady who wanted to know if using a pregnancy test would tell her if her goat "went and got herself pregnant again".

No comments:

Post a Comment