February 29, 2012

Leap Day Madness

Once upon my time my parents went on a trip to Florida and had a grand time. One evening I was asked out on a date to see Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band in Sandy. I happily said yes and went. Upon arriving home past the time when carriages turn back into pumpkins I was startled to find that my siblings had decided to sleep over at Grandma's and had completely locked up the house for safety. I had to sleep on a bunk bed at the neighbors house among Prom dresses past after waking them up at 2:30 AM, and spent a morning WD-40-ing the keyhole of our door to make the only key available work.
Flash forward to Leap Day 2012. I was on my way to renew my CPR certification when I get a phone call that my coworker's son was sick and needed coverage. I agreed to cover as soon as I was done with my certification. I was walking back to my car and noticed a few missed phone calls from my sister. Come to find out my brother locked her out of the house while she was out, but the neighbor wasn't home. Guess where my dad was? Florida. Mom? Jamaica. Me? Trying to get to work. Everything worked out eventually but what a crazy day.
Oh and by the way, yes, I did wear blue scrubs and a yellow top to work to keep with Leap Day tradition too.
Happy Leap Day!!!

1 comment: