February 28, 2012

Patients

JD's Grandpa was in the hospital all last week for an extremely weakened immune system, pneumonia, and then atrial fibrillation. He is at home and doing much better now, but it was a long week for sure. It was an interesting perspective working all week and being able to look up at the room to see if he had been discharged or not. The window that is open with the light on is a view of their room from the office that I work at. It has made me think back to when I was on the same floor in a unit across the hall 1 1/2 years ago, and the blessings that came during that time when I wasn't doing very well at all. Modern medicine is truly a blessing to have available. It is amazing what can be done to save lives or improve them. I have made an effort to renew my goal of being empathetic towards all my patients, regardless of how pleasant they can sometimes be, knowing that the position of patient can be a hard one, this week has been a good reminder of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment