September 12, 2013

Beat the Heat

It has been HOT here in Portland.  Yesterday we got up to 97 degrees.  I know friends in Utah would say that is nothing, but it is something when most people don't even have air conditioning because it never gets that hot, and when it does it is for a day or two.  Problem is no one has air conditioning for that day or two and it can be miserable.  Yesterday Porter and I camped out in our apartment.  I blasted fans all morning and watched the thermometer closely to close the windows at the best time.  It worked pretty well and we were able to stay pretty comfortable, but today wasn't as hot and I was stir crazy and needed to get out of the house.  We drove down to Lake Oswego and walked around the temple grounds, there were landscapers planting the fall/winter gardens and the grounds were gorgeous.  After the temple we ran some errands to the distribution center, and enjoyed the air conditioned aisles of Target for a bit.  It was a welcome change of scenery and we ended up with a few clearance outfits for Porter that were $1.80.  This afternoon I was also able to work more on Porter's room, definitely learned my lesson to devote more time to getting that ready prior to baby next time around, to think I thought my time was limited when I was working full time. Nursery pictures to come soon....hopefully. ;)
 

1 comment:

  1. I will be excited to see some pictures of his nursery! It is amazing how all consuming newborns can be. I remember thinking that taking care of baby Cyrus was the busiest I had ever been in my life...and he slept most of the day!

    ReplyDelete