September 28, 2013

Downtown Portland in the Rain

Day 2 was a very rainy day so JD was nice enough to attempt taking care of Porter while studying so that we could go downtown and explore Portland.
We were able to see and do a lot in 2 1/2 hours in Portland:

  • Food Carts: The Grilled Cheese Grill has amazing sandwiches, I can't believe I have missed out on them all this time!  We always felt they were a little questionable for a pregnant lady to be eating from, but my goodness they were good!
  • Powell's Book Store: Erin got her book monster t-shirt, journal, and saw lots of books housed in that awesome store
  • Burnside walk-saw the China Town entrance, and the Burnside Bridge
  • VooDoo Donuts-I don't like donuts so this was my first time being in the shop, it is a crazy place to say the least.  I got JD a Mango Tango donut and myself an apple cider.
  • Saturday Farmer's Market-it was very small compared to the summer crowds and with the rain there were not very many people there
  • Waterfront Park- it was so windy and rainy without the protection of the buildings that we only stayed there long enough to take a picture
  • Pioneer Square-saw the courthouse and the square while we waiting for our train to take us back to Beaverton
We got home with enough time for me to feed a hungry baby and get ready for the Relief Society Broadcast.  It was a wet and fun day and the broadcast was great, I was thankful that we had the back row so that I could let Porter lay down during it. I also enjoyed going with Erin a lot.







No comments:

Post a Comment