September 30, 2013

Cape Meares to Ecola

The sun came out today!!!!!  We had a great day driving the Coast Highway 101 from Tillamook up to Cannon Beach.  We started our day at Cape Meares lighthouse.  It was crazy to see all the debris left over from the storms that had come through with wind gusts over 60 mph at times.  After the lighthouse we drove to Cape Lookout and saw the waterfalls that only happen after a lot of rain.  The day followed a pattern of 45 minutes of sunshine following by 45 minutes of rain.  Being on the coast, you could see the storms rolling in, enough so that some storms you could see the blue sky behind them and know about how long they were going to last.  It was actually really pretty and we just learned to time our drive time by when it was raining and get out when it wasn't.  The storms were beautiful to watch roll in as well.  After Lookout, we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, Erin had a grilled cheese and I had a cheeseburger. Porter was tired enough that he slept on my crossed leg as I ate my food, it was pretty cute.  We had cheese samples, and then continued up the coast.  There was one point where I really needed to feed Porter so I pulled off at the top of a cliff above Nehalem Bay and we were able to watch a huge storm come in over us and the bay.  It was SO pretty.  We got some beautiful pictures of the storm and I was able to get the baby fed so that I could be comfortable again.  We moved up the coast to Cannon Beach, walked to Haystack Rock, and then went and enjoyed the view from Ecola before heading home.  I am so glad that Erin was able to see some sunshine and that Porter was so good for all the craziness we were doing.  We got back into town and got to spend more time with my grandpa.  I was so tired, Erin ended up watching Porter while I went to sleep that night.  It was sad to have it be the last nightly cuddle for them.  Porter loved cuddling with Erin.








No comments:

Post a Comment