September 14, 2013

Temple Trip

With such factors as having a newborn, feeding, recovery, and the temple being closed for cleaning we haven't been able to go for over a month, until today.  We brought Porter with us and took turns doing initiatories and it felt so good to be back in the temple!  When I was done they asked if I would like to do more names, I had replied that I would like to but I had a baby waiting in the parking lot.  The worker looked at me funny and said well then I absolutely must go.  It wasn't until I was changing that I realized she could have taken it in a way that I had left my baby alone in a car to come to the temple, which would have explained the look I had received.  While JD was taking his turn I had fun feeding Porter in the driver's seat of the car and then walking around the temple grounds.  The Portland Temple is set in among a ton of trees and the grounds are beautiful and peaceful.  It was really fun taking more time to enjoy the grounds and watch all the brides and grooms coming out of the temple after getting married.  It was a really nice, peaceful, and happy morning.  I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple, the promises that are made there, and for my eternal family.

No comments:

Post a Comment